Friday, June 10, 2011

five question friday -

ho hum. another friday. 2nd to last friday of this school year. really experiencing mixed feelings about the end of this year. i digress. on to 5 question friday:
1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now? Relatively? Here are the things I used to dream about when I was a little girl: being a teacher, getting married and having a family. So, I guess you could say 1/3 of my dreams have come true? I just got done stalking a friend of a friend on facebook who is a good 12 years younger than me... she is getting married and i was looking at her wedding shower pictures... and let out the hugest sigh i have ever heard and caught myself... I do long for those days... and hope that I am lucky enough to experience what it is like to have a bridal shower or feel a baby move inside me... but until then, I just keep dreaming.

2. What is one must have item for the summer? family BBQs. :)

3. Did your parents make you stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? Ok first of all I was SO confused with this question. I think I have it figured out. When I was young, summer was time for hard play and sleep. It wasn't until high school that they implemented a summer reading program. We had to read a book (The Hobbits) over the summer and were going to be quizzed on it the 1st day of school. I think I got a 13 on that quiz. Meh.

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce? I haven't made a habit of it, other than blueberries. They freeze so easily. I do plan on going strawberry picking soon and make jam, which i will freeze. I'm looking forward to that! Other than that, all of our produce from the garden is consumed or given away.

5. Do you get ready for the day 1st thing in the morning? If it is a school day, yes. Typically in the summer I will get ready if I have somewhere to be or have a lot to do. If it is a weekend I usually just relax and get ready for the day mid to late morning.

Have a wonderful weekend :)

No comments: