So, my solution is to memorize 1 verse every month.
Easter falls on the last day of March, so I thought it would be helpful, as I attempt each day to memorize scripture, to meditate on what He did for me on the cross. Once again, I'm drawn to the New Living Translation:

But He was pierced for our rebellion;
Crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
He was whipped so we could be healed. ~ Isaiah 53:5 (NLT)
Sometimes writing out those words make it much more personal than just reading it...
He was pierced for MY rebellion. He was crushed for MY sin. He was BEATEN, so that I could be made whole. He was WHIPPED, so I could be healed.
I think about that terrible, wonderful cross and can't help but be humbled. I'm so undeserving of His grace and mercy. I take it for granted every. single. day. Mercy. Grace. Love. Forgiveness. Healing. Restoration. Provision. Praying I don't take it for granted for a moment as i go through this month as we lead up to Good Friday and even beyond.
1 comment:
I like that verse and the song The Power of the Cross where she reads this verse at the beginning on YouTube.
Peace out!
Post a Comment