It came in the mail today!! I am SUPER excited! I'm also behind. We are supposed to check in on the 1st and 15th of every month. I obviously missed the 1st, so I'm going to start with the 15th and try to catch up at some point during the year. I've asked the Lord to be faithful and show me the verses He would have me hide in my heart, and this first verse seems so fitting given my goals for this year. So, without further ado... my first verse of the year:
Psalm 37:7
Be still in the presence of the LORD,
and wait patiently for Him to act.
Don't worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes.
I also really like the second half of this verse. "Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes." I love scripture because it is so versatile and applicable. Some people call this taking it out of context. I call it... personalizing.
Confession: There are lots of people getting married and having babies and I struggle with that on a daily basis. Some of these people include people who haven't done things "the right way".
What do I mean by that? I graduated from high school. I went to college. I got a degree. I worked while I tried to find a job in my field. I found a job in my field. I left that job. I got a Master's degree. I go to church every week. I love Jesus. I keep busy and enjoy serving in the ministries I'm involved in. I feel like I've done everything right - why won't God bless me with marriage and motherhood?? I see others who do whatever they want whenever they want to, being blessed with good husbands and beautiful babies. I know the grass isn't always greener, and I realize my attitude is selfish... but it is hard not to have the "woe is me" mentality. So, I'm hoping this verse helps with that!
So, there we have it! First scripture verse of the year. If all goes as planned, I'll have 24 verses memorized before the end of 2013!


1 comment:
How I wish I could have coffee with you and give you a big hug! So could have written these words. Probably HAVE written these words if you scroll back through my old blog posts.
My husband and I were friends before we fell in love and he's told me he wondered many times why I wasn't married...and my answer to him now is that I'm glad I had those years - because the person I am today - the person he needs - was molded through every single one of those lonely days and nights. And i appreciate him SO much more than I ever would have if I'd found him in my own timing. SO much more.
I do not say those things to make light of how you feel now because these feelings are excruciatingly hard. I well remember them and have asked God to NEVER let me forget how it felt to long for marriage.
Can't wait to read what love story He's writing for you. It's going to be AMAZING.
Post a Comment