Monday, May 14, 2012

meet Valerin!

I am very blessed to be a member of a church that still holds an annual mission's conference.  This year I could only make the Sunday services along with Wednesday night due to my grad school schedule.

Wednesday night we had a skype session with Ernie from Vision Trust.  We were able to talk with him, have adults and children ask questions, and learn more about Vision Trust in general.

Let me back up a bit:  I've attended several Women of Faith conferences, and there is always a big push to sponsor a child through Vision Trust.  I've always brushed aside the prodding in my heart telling me to sponsor a little one.  I always came up with an excuse, even though I had a job and could afford the $35 a month it would cost.

Well, after our Wednesday evening mission's conference service I could no longer ignore what my heart was telling me.

Meet Valerin!
Valerin Jesus Dolores
"Valerin is a restless but very friendly little girl.  She is talkative and she loves to play group games with the other children. Valerin lives with her mother and brother in the impoverished area of Herrera, Dominican Republic.  Her father abandoned the family.  Valerin lives in an environment where drug use, domestic violence and gangs are common social issues."

My sponsorship of this precious little girl makes it possible for Valerin to attend school where she will receive a school uniform, books, food and dental and medical care. She will hear the Gospel presented through Christian curriculum taught at school and learn of Jesus' love for her.  Valerin is young but she helps at home by washing dishes (She is a girl after my own heart!!!).  I'm praying that my support will help her receive the help she needs to develop to her fullest potential!  I hope to meet this beautiful little girl in the not too distant future!

What a honor and privilege to sponsor this young life.  If you don't already sponsor a child in need, please prayerfully consider doing so.  You can sponsor a child by clicking here:
VisionTrust. Sponsor a child. See the impact.


No comments: