
1. Have you ever had roommates? Does my sister count? I shared a room with her until she moved out when she turned 18 and I was 7. After that it wasn't until my last semester of college and student teaching when I lived with my friends Dave Shoemaker and Brian Jurczyk. We rented a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house in East Hartford. We affectionately called the house the ShoeCzyKle house (Shoemaker, Jurczyk, Muckle). Brian moved out and (Mike) Gowdy moved in. The house then became the ShoeDyMuck house. Fun times.
2. How many names do your children have? Um, can't answer this one. My siblings and I all only have 2 names - a first and middle. But I CAN say all of my siblings and I have multiple nicknames we answer to... and that tradition has carried over to all of my nieces and nephews... and even the dog!
3. Did you watch the Royal Wedding? I was so annoyed with all of the coverage of the wedding leading up to it that I INSISTED i would NOT watch a second of it. Well I turned on the TV when I started getting ready for school last week and it was on and... WHO DOESN"T LOVE A WEDDING?! I DVRd some of it and watched the "I Do's" and the first kiss but that's about it.
4. What is the messiest room in your house? Mine! No but really. I have SO. MUCH. STUFF and I need to get rid of a lot of it. My bedroom is so small and I have a lot of school and music related things... time to start purging.
5. What is your ideal mother's day? Spending time with my momma :)
and a side note: Please pray for the Miller family. Sam (20 years old) passed away last Sunday afternoon. I was a youth leader for he and his sister Anna before they moved about an hour away. They are heavy on my heart. Dave (Dad), Ginny (Mom) and Anna could really use your prayers in the coming weeks. Sam suffered from epilepsy for about 12 years. Mrs. Miller shared tonight at his wake that he was just not "Sam" anymore - much of his creativity, musical and artistic talents had been stolen from what on some days were multiple seizures and the eventual damage it did to his brain. It caused depression and mental illness.
Sam decided Sunday afternoon that life was just too overwhelming for him and texted his dad and sister goodbye. I wish tonight that Sam could have seen the showing of love and support tonight - I wish so much he knew how much his life was valued by friends and family. If he could have seen the constant flow of people to pay their respects to him... it just seems his death could have been avoidable.
This song has been on my heart as a prayer for his family... I pray that the Lord does calm their spirits and give them the peace that surpasses all understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment