Saturday, January 22, 2011

7

1. This week in my chronological Bible reading i read through the story of Lot in the book of Genesis, and it reminded me of back in September when Angie from Bring the Rain posted about it (here). i found it so cool that this time around, it had a totally different significance for me. i LOVE that about God's Word!

2. i had another 3 day work week this week! Monday was a holiday and Friday was supposed to be a PD day but because of the snow it was called off. The only downfall is that now we have to make up the PD day at the end of the year. We've only had one full week of school so far this year... I'm beginning to forget what it's like to work 5 our of 7 days a week!

3. I got to sit with Brennan tonight! That little bugger is so stinking cute! I just love him to pieces and was thrilled to be able to spend a little time with him before he went to bed! I also was thrilled to be able to give Kyle & Rachel a chance to go out!

4. Last night was a Ladies Game Night. They happen every 3rd Friday of the month, and last night was my first time attending. It was fun! We played Dicecapades, Buzz Word and Pit! It's always good to fellowship with people I hold in high regard and that are great Godly examples for me.

5. Things are work continue to be extremely stressful, and this week the Lord used Rachel to remind me of one of His great promises. She posted here about memorizing scripture, and the verse she had talked about was such a great reminder of the Lord wanting us to cast all of our cares and worries on Him. Not only will He take care of them, but He will sustain us! Can i get am AMEN?! :)

6. I'm thankful tonight for safety for my brother and sister in law along with my niece Briana. Friday morning my sister in law lost her brakes on her car and was able to "crash" into a snow bank, avoiding a much worse scenario. Due to her car being out of commission, my dad let them borrow his truck to travel to Providence for a Cheer competition for Bri. Chris ended up rear-ending another vehicle... the officer on the scene said it was unavoidable and no one was at fault. I'm thankful for the Lord's provisions once again.

7. I heard this week about a one year Master's in Nursing program right at UConn - Avery Point!!! Holy Moley! It's so close and convenient! With my job security being extremely low for the upcoming 2011-12 school year, this is something i am praying about and would appreciate your prayers, as well as i seek God's will in my life! Nursing was my 2nd choice (to teaching, of course) for a career in high school and i'm really excited (and scared) about this possible new venture in life!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks again for watching B, so Kyle and I could go to The Applebees and The Walmart.

The Dishmons said...

How about you come watch A and M so that I can sleep...Just saying:)