2. Snow days - I've been dreaming of a snow day since about mid-October and never thought I'd get two in a row. Wednesday was totally understandable, but Thursday, too?! amazing. the roads are actually still not that great in Waterford and New London... the New London roads are worse. Most back roads are very narrow and feel like they should be one-way only. The parking lots for school? Even worse. But I will not dispute having 2 days off in the middle of the week! Especially when it is followed by one day of work and a three day weekend!
3. Thursday I went with my mom to the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. Holy Wonderfulness. I spent about 20 minutes on an exercise bike, followed by a 5 minute cool down. (Gotta start slow... I didn't realize how out of shape I am!) I then went in the pool for a bit and then jumped into the WHIRLPOOL!!! It was glorious. I took a 1-month membership as a trial. With the stress that school is bringing me lately, I think I will need it.
4. Thursday night it was so great to be back at praise team practice. Wednesday night prayer meeting and Thursday night praise team rehearsal are really what motivate me to get through the week! I just love setting aside time each week away from Sunday to praise God through song and prayer.
5. The power of prayer.... I don't know why, but the words "You're in my prayers" or "I'll be praying for you" never fail to bring tears to my eyes. They're welling up as I type this. The fact that someone cares enough to bring my struggle before the throne just moves me and makes me emotional. It was a rough week this week (even with 2 days off!), but God has proven faithful and answers prayers every day. This week 2 women near and dear to me were brought through surgery safely! Another dear woman of the Lord is facing surgery next week.
6. Football playoff season is in full swing, and tonight I went to the Thompson's house for a Steeler's/Ravens game. They're BIG TIME Steeler's fans, and it was entertaining to watch the game with them having no interest in the game other thanthe winner of that game would be playing the Patriots next week after they beat the Jets tomorrow. It was nice to just spend an afternoon and evening fellowshipping and spending time with good people... oh, and an adorable puppy :)
7. My niece is pretty stinkin' spectacular! if you don't believe me, just check out these pictures :)




1 comment:
HAHAHA PATRIOTS LOST! BAHAHAHA!
Post a Comment