Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday # 2

Keeping it simple tonight. This week I am thankful for

Ruth Replogle - last Friday I received word that a dear friend of the family had passed from this life to the next. I don't think I could find adequate words for who Ruth Replogle was. She was a true gem; one in a million; Christ personified. Pastor Bruce put it best when he re-worded Genesis 5:24 and said "Ruth walked with God; and she was not, for God took her." She lived her life - every moment - for her Lord and Savior. What an example! Her husband shared a story that gives a little insight to her walk with the Lord. He said she would remind him, even in the midst of their chores, to thank God. "Lord, we ask your blessing on these chores".... who does that?! I love that woman. In the words of Julie Cook - Ruth, you make me want to love more, pray more, do more - all in His name.

Since Ruth's service on Tuesday, I have been more aware of the way I interact with people. I am more aware of how much I pray. I am more aware of how I pray. I strive to live my life in Ruth's example......

No comments: