I have been undergoing a transformation the past 2-3 months, and having just spent a LOT of time in the car, I had some (read: a ton) of time to reflect.
Lately, I'm often reminded to appreciate the little things, the small moments, the quiet treasures.
Right now, I am taking note of these things precious to me:
- Iced Mocha from Starbucks... now even better with a shot of peppermint!
- Christmas Music
- being HOME (i'm referencing more than one home here)
- the simple encouragements from friends
- being able to pick up with friendships right where we left off
- flexibility and freedom to do what i want, when i want!
These things are good, and important to notice and give thanks for.
But there are bigger things happening. God is doing so much more.
I need to be reminded to surrender my agenda, in the small things. I have complete faith that God is showing me his plans are bigger and better. God "guards the feet of his faithful servant," (1 Samuel 2:9), and his "grace is sufficient" (2 Corinthians 12:9). His promises are true... I'm not surprised, but I am refreshed and excited and thankful and so many other things.
No comments:
Post a Comment