Saturday, July 25, 2009

i need thee every hour...

i have had this song by selah on repeat on my ipod this week. i keep thinking to the day i got back from california. the next day i had a few appointments, and i decided to stop in to see gram that wednesday. she couldn't speak, except to say "water" and "cold water"... i knew she was bad. i hated seeing her like that, and i left not knowing that she would pass from this life to the next 4 days later.

this video is not what i would have preferred, but it will have to do i suppose.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That video is strange, but a great song! See you tomorrow!

robert said...

Well! The video on the YouTube clip is rather odd. But I appreciated the use of Annie Hawks's hymn, "I Need Thee Every Hour." (And I do!) When things are going smoothly we tend to get complacent and not rely on the Lord. It's in the testing times that our faith grows.

But here's a little historical note: Did you know that the hymn "Moment by Moment" was written because of a comment made about the former hymn? A man said to the author, Daniel Whittle, that he didn't just need the Lord Jesus every hour, but every moment of the day, and Whittle turned the thought into a song.

I think you'd enjoy my blog site Wordwise Hymns, where, each day, I describe something that happened in hymn history on that date.

God bless.